Friday, April 27, 2012

Finding my way

Life intrudes, and interruptions occur, but finally being back in my studio and getting to the business of creating feels good. Acrylics have been a fight for me. I'm sticking with them and  finding them frustrating, and challenging. I love watercolor, but I really miss painting opaquely. Acrylics allow for that, but learning to control edges is very tricky. It took me a while to figure out how to handle w/c, but the fast drying time of acrylic is frustrating me. I think I may try to use a retarder with the hopes that I can have a better result when blending edges. So far I find that the blended edges don't have the quality I am looking to find.
I'm working on some landscapes. They don't come naturally to me. I am trying to learn how to use light to create drama and mystery. It seems easier with my flower close-ups, but that is probably because I've been doing them for so many years. Let's hope I can find some  new tricks of the trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment